A play by Rebecca Redshaw
A friend is someone you can call at three in the morning. A good friend will sit up, turn on the light, and tell you to talk as long as you need. A true friend will be there for you until the day you die. Michael and Jennifer are lucky to have each other.
Jennifer’s letters are brought to life by important people in her life – family, lovers and friends. No doubt, you’ll want her as your friend.
Adapted from the novella, this two act play reveals not only the difficulties of being accepted by one’s family but the struggle in being true to one’s self. The important people in Jennifer’s life take the stage to communicate with the main character who somehow manages never to appear.
- Olympic Theatre Arts, Sequim, Wa.
- Gabriola Players Theatre Society, Gabriola Island, British Columbia, Canada
- New Voices, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- CFI Sound Stage, Hollywood, Ca.
- Port Angeles, Wa. – Benefit for Family Planning
- Sequim, Wa. – Benefit for Parenting Matters